[development] Hook_menu_alter doesn't work if menu item changed

Earl Dunovant prometheus6 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:10:10 UTC 2009

Curiosity (and recognizing I'm about to run into the same problem Nancy had)
made me look. Each of the menu item editing forms has an ['#item'] element
that gets the original menu item. So instead of a more sophisticated test in
_menu_navigation_links_rebuild(), maybe a more sophisticated test assigning
a value to $item['customized'] just prior to calling menu_link_save()
(though there's 17 occurrences of menu_link_save() in core...)?