[development] Migrate users from Thickbox to Colorbox

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Mon Apr 19 14:50:00 UTC 2010

I'm the maintainer of Thickbox and co-maintainer of Colorbox. The Thickbox script is getting a bit old and I think Colorbox could be a good upgrade path.

What are your tips and suggestions on how to best help/encourage the 17000+ Thickbox users to migrate?

* Is a hook_upgrade() function to automatically update the "Display fields" settings a good idea?
* Should I after some time unpublish the releases of Thickbox?
* Any other tips?

For people interested in checking out Colorbox I recommend the 6-dev version. There are a lot of changes there that soon will be released as beta 3.

http://drupal.org/project/colorbox

Fredrik

--
Web site: <http://xdeb.org/wiki/Fredrik>