[documentation] Issue Queue vs. Listserve, Roles for Each

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:53:19 UTC 2008

Meitar wrote:
__

I'm not that familiar with Drupal's Issues system, but it seems to me
that it mirrors functionality from other systems I'm used to like
Bugzilla and Trac. In those cases, I'd never make any significant
change that doesn't have a ticket or bug report attached to it. Does
it make sense to create a doc issue, assign it to myself, then make
whatever changes I thought were appropriate to the docs, then close
the doc issue, without anyone else ever needing to see it? I'm not
sure if there's some overhead to that (other than clicking) that I'm
not aware of.

__

I think it makes sense to do this for some changes, however there's also the
revision log - which allows you to put a message in to explain the edits
you've made. If it fits in that box easily, then that's probably enough for
most things.

Nat