[documentation] Need CVS + Drupal Issues guidance: How to help fix API documentation formatting

Mr. Meitar Moscovitz meitarm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:56:50 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Surfing the docs issue queue today, I found an issue referring to a
formatting fix for the API docs. I did a bit of searching and found
this, which talks about how to make API documentation fixes:

http://drupal.org/node/144223

I don't have—or want, really—a CVS committer account, mostly because
I've never used CVS in my life. (I use Subversion when I have to, but
prefer git.) As a result, I'm not entirely sure how to go about
progressing this issue:

http://drupal.org/node/254522#comment-866484

Seems the issue is fixed for Drupal 7 and CVS HEAD, so I'm betting
it's not even a high-priority issue, but that's exactly the kind of
issue I'd like to use to familiarize myself with the process. :)

I submitted a (`diff -u`) patch against Drupal 6.2, which I uploaded
to the comments of the issue report. What happens next?

The "Updating API documentation" node seems to want me to use the
"Drupal" project, but there isn't an obvious component in that project
I can submit the issue against. The original submitter of the issue
used the "Documentation" project and selected "Documentation in CVS"
as the component, which is exactly what I would have done, not knowing
any better.

Thanks,
--
-Meitar Moscovitz