[documentation] Need CVS + Drupal Issues guidance: How to help fix API documentation formatting

Fernando P. García fernando at develcuy.com
Mon Jun 2 17:11:16 UTC 2008

Hello Meitar:

It concerns the current available resources in drupal.org, and this
certainly should be improved but may take a while because is in current plas
for rebuilding.

So, I suggest to extend API module which stores api data to database, then
we should be able to edit descriptions and make suggestions ala
l10n_server(ie: look at l10n.drupal-contrib.org).

Blessings!

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:56 AM, Mr. Meitar Moscovitz <meitarm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Surfing the docs issue queue today, I found an issue referring to a
> formatting fix for the API docs. I did a bit of searching and found
> this, which talks about how to make API documentation fixes:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/144223
>
> I don't have—or want, really—a CVS committer account, mostly because
> I've never used CVS in my life. (I use Subversion when I have to, but
> prefer git.) As a result, I'm not entirely sure how to go about
> progressing this issue:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/254522#comment-866484
>
> Seems the issue is fixed for Drupal 7 and CVS HEAD, so I'm betting
> it's not even a high-priority issue, but that's exactly the kind of
> issue I'd like to use to familiarize myself with the process. :)
>
> I submitted a (`diff -u`) patch against Drupal 6.2, which I uploaded
> to the comments of the issue report. What happens next?
>
> The "Updating API documentation" node seems to want me to use the
> "Drupal" project, but there isn't an obvious component in that project
> I can submit the issue against. The original submitter of the issue
> used the "Documentation" project and selected "Documentation in CVS"
> as the component, which is exactly what I would have done, not knowing
> any better.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> -Meitar Moscovitz
> Drupal: http://drupal.org/user/265715
> Personal: http://maymay.net
> Professional: http://MeitarMoscovitz.com

Fernando P. García, http://www.develcuy.com
Developer - Analista de Sistemas
+51 1 9 8991 7871, Mz. P Lt. 30 1et Urb. Pachacamac - VES, Lima - Perú