[documentation] Need CVS + Drupal Issues guidance: How to help fix API documentation formatting

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 11:22:08 UTC 2008

Steven Jones wrote:
> I wouldn't say that node_invoke_nodeapi 'defined' the nodeapi hook. It
> invokes it, because module_invoke_all can't handle references.

My understanding is that creating a function called

mymodule_invoke_dosomething()

will cause Drupal (via module_invoke_all() ?) to call functions in other
modules called othermodule_dosomething()

Is there another step in hook creation that I'm missing?

> But I think that for people looking for how to use the nodeapi hook
> are much more likely to tap 'hook_nodeapi' into a.d.o. You don't need
> knowledge of how the hook is invoked to implement it, you just need to
> know what parameters you get etc.

I agree - I'm just wondering if we (maybe me) could automate the
creation of the hook_nodapi page.

- and at the same time look for functions that are implementations of
the hook so that the hook_nodapi references has links to all the places
the hook is used.

This would be especially useful for my use of the API module on sites I
work on - where I would be able to look (for example) for all the places
  the site uses hook_form_alter().

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk