[documentation] 'Last updated' information on handbook pages?

Steven Jones darthsteven at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 08:09:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

Showing the last updated time doesn't show you that the page is up to date,
it only shows you how out of date it could be. If I fix a typo on a page,
then having that date displayed will make it look like that was the last
date that the content was checked for accuracy.

So while on the surface a good idea, I'm not sure how misleading the
information could be.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:47 AM, Nathaniel Catchpole <catch56 at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> The idea came up in this thread on the development list:
> http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2008-June/030088.html (which
> is more about documentation than development).
>
> I think it's a good one - display last updated information on all handbook
> pages. It'd be one line to add in Bluebeach, and it immediately helps with
> evaluating whether a page is up to date or not.
>
> Is there any reason not to do this?
>
> Nat

Regards
Steven Jones