[documentation] Add disclaimer to all handbook pages

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:01:32 UTC 2008

Whilst thinking about the contributors block and last updated info, it
occurred to me we don't have a disclaimer displayed for all handbook pages.
I think it'd make sense to have something displayed on all pages to make it
clear that it's community contributed documentation etc. - might be worth
putting in the contributors block. "All documentation is contributed by
volunteers and may not have been checked for accuracy" something like that.

For example, code snippets probably need this more than most.

http://drupal.org/handbook/customization/snippets - has a disclaimer
http://drupal.org/node/45471 - (theme snippets parent) has a disclaimer
http://drupal.org/node/35728 - an actual code snippet, doesn't have a
disclaimer. Unless I find the snippet via the handbook hierarchy (and IMO
more people will find it from incoming links, irc, google and
drupal.orgsearch than clicking through), I won't see the disclaimer.

If the block happens, then it's just an extra sentence to add, but it'd need
to be carefully worded - since equally we don't want to give the idea that
there's official, non-volunteer documentation hiding somewhere.

Nat