[documentation] 'Last updated' information on handbook pages?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Jun 5 13:28:26 UTC 2008

I agree with Nat and Meitar,

That time stamp is a data point. From reading the NYTimes to Wikipedia to
Drupal.org a reader is obligated to assess the value/limitations of any
particular piece of information. I think it is paternalistic to keep
information out of folks hands because of a possibility that some folks
might misinterpret the meaning of it.

Reasons not to show information:
* causes usability problems by mucking up presentation or page clarity.
* takes up valuable system resources like running an "expensive" query.

As long as it passes these tests, I'd be in favor.

Shai