[documentation] 'Last updated' information on handbook pages?

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:08:06 UTC 2008

I agree with Meitar. I don't think having recently updated timestamps on out
of date information is going to lull people into a false sense of security -
at least not compared to now, where they appear pretty much timeless except
for the version taxonomy.

This came up specifically in the case of module comparisons - if I see that
a page comparing modules hasn't been updated for 6 months, then hopefully
it'll indicate that things might have changed since then and encourage me to
update it. At the moment, I have no idea either way unless I check the
revisions tab (and I rarely do this unless I'm about to archive a page or
make a big edit, hardly ever if I'm actually reading documentation).

Also, if I see a page that hasn't been updated since 2006 or something, then
it's an extra bit of encouragement to jump in and fix it.

Nat