[documentation] Problem With One of the Main CVS Pages

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Thu Nov 20 00:04:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Ryan Cross <drupal at ryancross.com> wrote:
> Disagree.

> it is very standard practice for people jumping into a new open source
> project to want to see HEAD (or trunk or whatever) or for people's first
> interest in CVS is to see "what's coming". Most people that are interested
> in checking out a specific version (like a stable version) are more advanced
> or experienced with CVS already. Someone's first jump into CVS is not going
> to be doing so in an effort to make upgrading easier.

Maybe, but this is Drupal.  The installer in Drupal7 gets completely
broken on a pretty regular basis, and that's not a new thing - things
like that often happen in HEAD.  I agreed with Shai's proposal.  I
think it should primarily explain how to check out DRUPAL-6.  The only
drawback I can think of for doing that is it will require us to update
that page whenever a new version is released.

Regards,
Greg