[documentation] Proposal to deprecate the docs mailing list (HansBKK)

HansBKK hans.drupal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 06:34:27 UTC 2008

Is it possible for specific nodes in the Group to be individually "wikified"?

If so, I'm now inclined to say make the choice:

1 leave things as they are

2 deprecate mailing list without generally opening up the Group

In the interest of not splintering discussion further - the issue
queue already gives us a central "forum" for posting questions and
having back and forth, with a IMO better feature set than OG.

I personally think this functionality is largely duplicated with the
mail list, which I don't use much and don't see much activity on these
days anyway, so either of the above choices would work for me.

We have IRC for real-time meetings and quick ad-hoc side discussions.

I say leave the Group as generally read-only to highlight current
projects and major announcements. When we want to get feedback from
the larger d.o. community, this is the place for a post with open
comments as we've been doing.

The only thing missing is a wiki-like space outside the Handbooks
themselves for collaborative editing. Personally I think that GDO
isn't a good place for that either, but can't think of a better one.

As a related note, please visit http://drupal.org/node/337121 if you
are interested in checking out real-time collaborative editing tools.