[documentation] documentation Digest, Vol 48, Issue 7

HansBKK hans.drupal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 06:48:12 UTC 2008

Shai and docs team,

I recognize that the queue wasn't designed for discussion, but I do
think it in fact works well for that (as you agree).

I think the culture of that medium being task-focused (as you point
out), is helpful for those of us that tend to waffle on, especially
when we do get pointed to past-but-still-active parallel threads we
may not have seen.

And I don't think the waffling gets in the way (too much?) for those
more focused on getting specific tasks done - the recent/unread posts
do float to the top, and once we've seen a topic no longer of interest
to it we mentally screen it out just as we would in a forum.

The fact that the queue works better than GDO (now does) as a
discussion forum means (to me): don't convert the group to (another)
discussion forum.