[documentation] documentation Digest, Vol 48, Issue 7

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Nov 21 15:59:09 UTC 2008

Hans and docs team,

Maybe we need to bring Moshe into the discussion: If the following were on
the horizon any time soon for g.d.o, I think it's the best venue for our
work:

   1. history and diff for wiki nodes
   2. full text in notification emails
   3. mailhandler installation

If these things are pie-in-the-sky, then I'd vote for using the queue as the
main gathering place.

Either way I'm still in favor of deprecating the mailing list.

Hans makes good points about the queue. I criticized the queue for being too
task focused and not good for discussion. But I agree with Hans that being
overly focused is better than having too little focus.

Regarding the needs of those who prefer email: while there is *some* chance
that g.d.o. might add Mailhandler, I think there is *no* chance that d.o.
would. So while notifications are better on d.o. there wouldn't be hope that
people could add comments or start topics via email.

[p.s. as more proof against list serves, note how Hans inadvertantly changed
the subject title in responding to this thread -- thus messing with even the
best of threading algorithms. Of course, Hans probably did that on purpose
since he's in favor of deprecating the list serve :)]

Shai

Shai
I don't see a page in the Handbook describing the Documentation Team.