[documentation] Ordering of Major Admin Sections in Getting Started Guide

John Noceda john at noceda.net
Mon Nov 24 02:37:11 UTC 2008

Hi!

Shai Gluskin wrote:
> The order I like best is the one that the Drupal Administration Menu
> Module <http://drupal.org/project/admin_menu> uses. Since core never
> lays them out sequentially, but rather in columns that you can read
> down or across, I thought it would be reasonable to use admin_menu's
> order. And it is a hugely popular module, so it would reinforce
> something that people are likely to see when they get around to
> installing that module.
>
> Here is the order:
>
>    1. Content management
>    2. Site building
>    3. Site configuration
>    4. User Management
>    5. Reports

I think that core does lay them out sequentially at
*/admin/build/menu-customize/navigation page. This is the same order in
the Drupal Administration Menu Module
<http://drupal.org/project/admin_menu> so I reckon that it's the default
sequential order.  I am using suckerfish on my sites' primary links so
the first thing I do is move the "administer" link from the Navigation
menu to primary links menu and it is the same order as you have stated.

> Anybody have a disagreement with this order?
I think this is very good for consistency. :-)

John
JohnNoc (drupal.org/groups.drupal.org/drupalnorge.no/etc.)
_JohnNoc_ (irc)