[documentation] commentary

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 9 00:35:23 UTC 2008

Steven Peck wrote:
> So, often there is an idea.  I don't see they benefit in the provided
> explanation and say so, clearly and generally ask a follow up on how
> an issue I see would be addressed.

Steven was one the first, if not THE first, Drupal "authority" I had contact
with. We disagreed about where something should be in the handbooks. He
could tell I felt very strongly about my position, so he allowed me to
proceed.  I think we found out I was right.  But never once did he treat me
poorly nor did I ever get a feeling that there were any kind of reprisals.

I, for one, appreciate all the work he does on DO and am glad he's in his
position.  He's in a tough position and I know there is quite a bit of
stress.  I have never seen him overreact, IMO.

I don't agree with everything that has been done, but that's okay.  That is
my right; that is his right.  We all have opinions and are free to state
them; noone needs to get upset to the point of name-calling or threats.  At
the end of the day, someone has to make the decisions.  That's why Steven
gets "paid the big bucks."  ;-)

Nancy