[drupal-support] can drupal do yahoo groups?

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:02:53 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Skip Taylor wrote:
>
> > problems. So I'm working with these modules in Drupal to make a
> > bi-directional communication between a forum and a Mailman mailing list:
> >  1) Listhandler
> > 2) Mail Alias
> > 3) Mailhandler
> >  I'm still testing but it's working so far using those 3 modules on my
> > sandbox system. It seems that it should work with any mailing list software
> > to and from a Drupal forum though.
>
> That is the intention. I it doesn't work, please file bug reports.
> Mailalias might be too outdated and would need updating, I guess.

I'll let you know. I haven't used Mailalias yet but I'll try to do
that today if I can and report in good or bad.

> >  The problem I have with PhpBB is even though it is good software and very
> > popular,
> Have you looked at the code? It is more popular than good.

Never looked at the code. I have looked at Drupal's code and find it
easy to read and can even figure out what parts of it are doing, even
though I'm not a PHP programmer nor have I had time to read the docs
on it's internals.

> >  There is another problem I've found with mailing list servers. The majority
> > of them require root access to install or get them to work after the
> > install. If you're using a shared server it's not possible for you to put
> > most of them on your system. You may have to get the host company to do it
> > if they will and you might still have problems.
>
> If your traffic is low any you have procmail installed you can look at
> installing smartlist.

I gathered that smartlist is a 'one way' only solution - outbound. Did
I misread that?  Can there be more than one smartlist on a system?

Regards,

Skip