[drupal-support] can drupal do yahoo groups?

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Aug 13 14:42:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Skip Taylor wrote:

> problems. So I'm working with these modules in Drupal to make a
> bi-directional communication between a forum and a Mailman mailing list:
>  1) Listhandler
> 2) Mail Alias
> 3) Mailhandler
>  I'm still testing but it's working so far using those 3 modules on my
> sandbox system. It seems that it should work with any mailing list software
> to and from a Drupal forum though.

That is the intention. I it doesn't work, please file bug reports.
Mailalias might be too outdated and would need updating, I guess.

>  The problem I have with PhpBB is even though it is good software and very
> popular,

Have you looked at the code? It is more popular than good.

> it's too popular with the "let's spread mayhem" crowd. I just spent
> the last weekend helping clear a set of trojan's from a PHPBB's Forum index
> page. I guess I'm just too serious about my site for those games. I'm
> unaware of any tie-in software between PhpBB and Drupal however.

There isn't any. People have cried for some time now, the crying mostly
stopped.

>  There is another problem I've found with mailing list servers. The majority
> of them require root access to install or get them to work after the
> install. If you're using a shared server it's not possible for you to put
> most of them on your system. You may have to get the host company to do it
> if they will and you might still have problems.

If your traffic is low any you have procmail installed you can look at
installing smartlist.

Cheers,
	Gerhard