[drupal-support] Custom Menu & User Profile Link Oddness

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 20:19:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

This is a clean install of 4.6.3.

I'm creating a custom menu for navigation, and i want to insert a link
to the current users profile page as i'll be hiding the main navigation
block. This is labelled as 'My Profile':

If I set the link in the menu item to the root relative '/user' it all
works fine and I get the following:

* My Profile

But, if I set it to 'user' (without the /), then it gains a link to
'my  account' underneath:

> My Profile
-- my account

I'm not sure i understand why drupal is treating the two cases
differently. Is this a bug, or is there something fundamental I'm
missing? Ideally i don't want the 'my account' link, but i need the
'active' class for styling purposes, which doesn't get applied in the
root relative case.

Any ideas?

G.