[support] Versioning/Undelete

Metzler, David MetzlerD at evergreen.edu
Mon Dec 5 17:51:33 UTC 2005

Drupal can certainly be configured to track multiple revisions of a
node. This is baseline functionality, configurable on a per content type
basis.  You simply enable "save as new version" in content type
configuration screen.  (this is the same place where you control
defaults for publishing to front page, etc).

I would recommend looking at the "diff" module which will show you
comparisons between different versions of a node.

The undelete functionality is missing as far as I know, but you could
get a similar functionality by "unpublishing" rather than deleting a
document.   It's really not the same functionality that you're talking
about, but I thought you might want to think about it.  I'm not sure how
this would behave when there was a prior "published" version. you might
get an older version instead (would have to be tested).

Dave