[support] Hi-Jacked Email Identity (possibly OT?)

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Wed Dec 7 17:40:40 UTC 2005

The first thing you need to do is examine the mail headers and possibly your
mail logs, and see if the messages are coming internally or externally. If
you're running older software or have not secured your software properly, you
might simply have left an open relay and then just about any joker could do it.

 From your message it may also be possible that people are just using your
domain and not using your server at all. If that's actually happening there is
little you can do about it. It's very easy to forge a domain. But generally that
doesn't get domains black-listed.

The next possibility is that hack has been installed on your machine through
some vulnerability or other, and that you could disable Drupal entirely and
still have this problem. Those can be difficult to find; I recommend google
searching on the topic for tools and ideas on how to track that sort of thing down.