[support] save configurationfor modules does not work

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Fri Dec 30 05:49:55 UTC 2005

   I have a NEW (not an upgrade) drupal install:

     Drupal 4.6.5, 2005-12-12)
     mysql 4.0.24
     php 4.3.11

   it seems to be mostly working didn't try everything yet) except of
Few administration tasks in Administer section. 'Modules' and 'Theme'
pages show me the list of modules/themes, some are required, the rest
are disabled. If I check any module/theme's 'Enabled' checkbox and hit
the 'Save configuration' button I get the following error (example for
one module, if I check more than one the same stuff is repeated):

warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in ./includes/database.inc on line
164.

user error: Query was empty
query:  in ./includes/database.mysql.inc on line 66.

warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at ./includes/common.inc:384) in ./includes/common.inc
on line 192.

   other db errors when trying to enable blocks:

warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string,
array given in ./includes/database.mysql.inc on line 239.

   any ideas what's going on? It looks like there's something wrong with
the database (I just installed it, it was not an upgrade).

   TIA

	erik