[drupal-support] hackers? dumb bots?

Todd Dailey tdailey at apple.com
Fri Jan 21 18:13:19 UTC 2005

Looks like it's a test program for seeing if a proxy you are using is
truly anonymous.  If you google for that URL, you'll see tons of people
reporting the same thing for that particular site.

ProxyJudge is here:
http://proxyjudge.org/

and the url for that nifty.com address is listed here:
http://web.freerk.com/proxyjudge/prxjdg.htm

Now, what's strange is that it appears that ProxyJudge isn't an open
proxy web spider, which would be looking for an open Squid proxy or
similar running on your site.  I originally thought it was.  My guess is
that someone mistyped the IP address in a script - the IP for the
nifty.com site is:
http://61.121.100.107/trino/ProxyJ/prxjdg.cgi

Could your site's IP be similar?  My other guess is that someone on that
server or the local subnet the server is on is hitting that site trying
to see if you are running a proxy.  If so that could be a sign of a
problem, since someone looking for a proxy between themselves and a
remote server is probably trying to do something bad/illegal.

In any event there's nothing to worry about unless you are running an
open proxy on your site, in which case you probably have bigger problems
than this little script.  :)

Good luck!

- Todd