[drupal-support] View child categories on category's main page?

Franz Iberl f.iberl at amazonas-box.de
Fri Jan 21 22:23:11 UTC 2005

Am 21.01.2005 um 21:47 schrieb stevew at etmeli.us:

> I have the same problem as the original poster.  I thought it was an
> error
> in my setup, but you make it sound like it is deliberate.  I'm using
> the
> menu module, which automatically points to the top of my taxonomy (the

>> As far as you other question, this is easy: the taxonomy URLs support
>> depth parameter, which specifies how many levels of child categories
>> include. You can specify a number, or "all" to include all children.
>>
>> e.g. change: taxonomy/term/1234 -> taxonomy/term/1234/all
>>
>> However, Drupal will not use these URLs by default. You can use them
>> in
>> custom links and path aliases though.

My site is running Drupal now for two weeks, and I had the same
question. I just found the "depth"-parameter in the doku, and realized
it is not used by default. I also would like a switch to enable this in
the side-block "Kategories".

>> I guess the alternative is to hand write a page that has small

Not necessarily; in the meantime, I added an alias (or two) with the
"/all" in the path, and inserted this link in the primary menue
(configured via themes-admin).

Servus
    Franz

--