[drupal-support] .htaccess and drupal

probsd org probsdorg at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 22:25:24 UTC 2005

Hey Group,
    I'm using apache 2.0.52, PHP 4.3.10_2,1 ( freebsd
), and drupal 4.5.1

drupal is installed to a virtual host directory (
/usr/local/ncgun ) and configured as such in
httpd.conf
In httpd.conf I have the directory set up as such:

<Directory "/usr/local/ncgun2/">
    Options All
    AllowOverride Options
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

With NO .htaccess file, everything works, but looking
at the file, I see thats a security issue.

If I comment OUT the following in .htaccess, the
install will work:

<Files ~
"(\.(conf|inc|module|pl|sh|sql|theme|engine|xtmpl)|Entries|Repositories|Root|scripts|updat
es)$">
  order deny,allow
  deny from all
</Files>

Options -Indexes
Options +FollowSymLinks
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
DirectoryIndex index.php
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine on
 RewriteBase /usr/local/ncgun2
</IfModule>

Thus, a working .htaccess file for me looks as such:

<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
    php_value register_globals        0
   php_value track_vars              1
   php_value short_open_tag          1
   php_value magic_quotes_gpc        0
   php_value magic_quotes_runtime    0
   php_value magic_quotes_sybase     0
   php_value arg_separator.output    "&amp;"
   php_value session.cache_expire    200000
   php_value session.gc_maxlifetime  200000
   php_value session.cookie_lifetime 2000000
   php_value session.auto_start      0
   php_value session.save_handler    user
   php_value session.cache_limiter   none
   php_value allow_call_time_pass_reference  On
</IfModule>

Any idea what I have configured incorrectly that is
preventing me from using the other variables in
.htaccess?

Michael