[drupal-support] The search function is completely messed up

Abalieno abalieno at cesspit.net
Wed Jul 6 11:41:35 UTC 2005

Right now this is my biggest issue with Drupal. The search engine is
completely unusable. It's simply not possible to search for more complex
strings like more than one word enclosed with " " or get useful results
searching more than one word.

The functionalities aren't the biggest problem, though. The search function
on my site just doesn't work. Some nodes aren't getting indexed for some
reason. The search page shows that:  100% of the site has been indexed. But
this doesn't reflects the reality.

Try follow this:
http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/search/node/pann

Then look at this:
http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/node/747

As you can see that node isn't "seen" by the search system for unknown
reasons. This happens frequently for a bunch of nodes both new and old.

It would be nice if someone could start working on a decent search system
that is actually usable. Being able to search using dates would also be
appreciated.

-HRose / Abalieno