[drupal-support] Using Crontab For Aggregator

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Tue Jul 12 02:40:40 UTC 2005

On 8 Jul 2005, at 9:47 AM, Rob wrote:

> I have tried the command line several ways:
>
> 00 * * * * http://www.cmlhope.com/drupal/cron.php
>
> and
>
> 0,15,30,45       *       *       *       *       wget -q
> http://www.cmlhope.com/drupal/cron.php
>
> This the error message I am getting back now.
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cron Daemon"
> <root at venus.nswebhost.com>

This looks to me as if  you are submitting a line from your crontab
file as input to your shell (/bin/sh).

The crontab entry should be present as a line in your crontab.   If you
are trying to set this up from the command line, you would normally use
the command 'crontab' to do this.  Crontab will start up a text editor
which will let you enter the line.  It checks for correct syntax and
then modifies the file. See the Unix manual pages for crontab for more
details.

If you are using a web interface, it will likely have a form which will
let you specify  the command to execute, and the periods for which you
wish the command executed.  In this case the command would consist of
only the last part of the crontab line 'wget -q http:// ...'

The error message is also telling you that you typed '00' rather than
'0 0', which may or may not give you the result you expect, depending
on your system (and your expectations :)

Djun