[drupal-support] site hit counter

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Fri Jul 15 08:49:08 UTC 2005

Jeremy,

Do you have a diff of this hack into statistics.module? I believe that if we can get Rahul to import the diff (either with diff or editing the file manually) his problem would be solved?

Regards,

Kobus

>>> jazepstein at gmail.com 7/15/2005 10:38:08 AM >>>
Hi Rahul,

A hit counter for the front page of your site is possible, using
statistics.module and a bit of custom code. Have a look at the front
page of my site for an example of this. My hit counter is accurate,
because I've hacked statistics.module to record hits only for unique
IP's per page, and because the SQL to get the hit count groups the
hits by IP.

However, what I've done is little more than a messy hack job, not
official code. Also, the price for a hit counter like mine is (as
Kobus pointed out) longer page loads, due to the extra database
querying.

Jeremy Epstein
www.greenash.net.au