[drupal-support] Questions about organic groups (og module)

Leo Burd leob at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 14 22:53:59 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

I've recently started a Drupal/CivicSpace website to support youth
groups in the implementation of community-oriented projects.  Although
organic groups is central to my site, I'm having a couple of problems
with it and I wonder if you can help me out.  Here are my questions:

a) Is there any way to approve new group members without having to wait
for the email messages sent everytime someone subscribes to the group?

b) How do people handle the group-specific blocks that open on the
screen?  They pretty much repeat all the information that is available
on the "create content" menu and therefore make the screen very
confusing for users.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Leo