[drupal-support] user registration

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Wed Jul 20 05:34:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:49 +0530, Rahul Benegal wrote:
> Hi. I would like to do the following on my drupal site:
> 1. Add a field (location) to user registration.

You can use the profile which will allow you to add additional fields
that are require on registration.

> 2. Have a mail sent to me that a user has registered (its a low volume
> site, so not an issue).

What I do here is on the admin > settings > user I set the "public
registrations" to "Visitors can create accounts but administrator
approval is required." and then I get sent an email and then I can
enable the account.

> Pls give me some ideas how i can do the same.

I hope this helps.

Gordon.