[drupal-support] Re: Getting killed by spam

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Jul 24 01:06:17 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-23, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> The solution is simple: spam.module.

I'm already using that (please see the URL I posted; it would be clear).
That problem is that spam.module is not blocking these spams.

> Another alternative one is to close down your comments for anonymous users.

I have had to do that temporarily, but I do not consider it an
acceptable solution.  I hate having to create an account before
participating in something, and I don't want to inflict that on others.
It does, in a very real sense, make it more difficult to participate.

Thanks for those of you that have taken a look into this.  Please let me
know if I can provide any other information.

Incidentally, also at that URL, you can see that I'm not the only one
with this problem.

http://drupal.org/node/27035