[drupal-support] Re: Getting killed by spam

Peter Karlberg peter at karlberg.org
Sun Jul 24 11:42:23 UTC 2005

24 jul 2005 kl. 03.05 skrev John Goerzen:

>> Another alternative one is to close down your comments for
>> anonymous users.
>>

> I have had to do that temporarily, but I do not consider it an
> acceptable solution.  I hate having to create an account before
> participating in something, and I don't want to inflict that on
> others.
> It does, in a very real sense, make it more difficult to participate.
I had the same problem and did two things:

I accept anonymus users to make comments but their comments has to be
apporoved by an administrator. This is ok when the volume of spam
comments is limited.

I set my site to Swedish (default). The "spammers" do not handle
Swedish:-) - yet!

Peter

-------
Peter Karlberg
Söräng 18, Mörkö
153 93 Hölö
Sweden
+46 (0)8 551 531 76
+46 (0)734 198 254
http://peter.karlberg.org

Work: Myndigheten för skolutveckling, 113 35 Stockholm
Visits: Karlbergsvägen 77-81
+46 8 52 77 82 54 peter.karlberg at skolutveckling.se
-------
This message was sent using Mail on a PowerBook G4 running MacOS X.
It is signed using s-mime and a free certificate from Thawte.