[drupal-support] Re: Getting killed by spam

Lists lists at kerneltrap.org
Sun Jul 24 15:25:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:05:18 +0000 (UTC)
John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:

> On 2005-07-23, Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:
> > The solution is simple: spam.module.
>
> I'm already using that (please see the URL I posted; it would be
> clear). That problem is that spam.module is not blocking these
> spams.

I am about 65% of the way through a complete re-write of the spam
module.  It addresses a number of problems inherent in the current
implementation, including:
 - simplified API and database structure to improve support of
   non-core content (ie trackbacks)
 - provides mechanisms to auto-expire (delete) spam content
 - provides logging mechanism to fully trace why content was marked
   as spam or not spam
 - can detect/filter an identical comment being posted repeatedly
 - the code is fully commented

Time permitting, I hope to release the new spam filter
implementation in a week or two.  It will be released under a dual
GPL/Modified BSD license.  It is designed to work with Drupal 4.6.x.

-Jeremy