[drupal-support] Help with Structure

Christopher Taylor christ at bnmc.com
Sat Jun 4 15:45:18 UTC 2005

Hi,

My name is Chris.
I may have mentioned before that I am blind so I use speech to interact with the computer.  I only mention this as I may have some poorly visually designed examples or content.

I am working on an important project that I needed some possible help with.

I am trying to build a news and community portal which can easily be set up with different cities like Craigslist.

It will be community driven news and information content.
So,
I needed to get it set up as quickly as possible to keep the powers that be involved and interested.
1. Any suggestions on how to set it up would be greatly appreciated.
2. Here is  the immediate head scratcher and situation.
I am working with taxonomies.
I have set up a General Category and a category for each community.
Example content:
1. In the General Primary Catagory I have
general news, business headlines, profiles, classifieds, comics.
2. For the purposes of testing,
For community categories:
I have
A. New York City
Issue 1 beginning 06-05-2005
issue 2 beginning 06-06-2005
issue 3 beginning 06-04-2005

B. Washington DC
Issue 1 beginning 06-05-2005
issue 2 beginning 06-06-2005
issue 3 beginning 06-04-2005

C. LA
Issue 1 beginning 06-05-2005
issue 2 beginning 06-06-2005
issue 3 beginning 06-04-2005

D. San Francisco
Issue 1 beginning 06-05-2005
issue 2 beginning 06-06-2005
issue 3 beginning 06-04-2005

Now, I want to publish content in the gernal  categories and then they will be related to the relevant community and issue date.Each time a new issue  comes out, The editor for the community simply ads another term which a is the new issue for the content to be tracked in.  A new issue would be
issue 4 beginning 06-06-2005

It seems that it would works very well to allow people to search by topic or by community.
The problem is, in the community category,  the stories are organized in the order submitted not by the general category topics.
In other words,
General news, profiles, and other topics are all mixed up depending on when submitted.  This doesn't make for a very organized publication in the Community categories.
How can I do this?
Is this a good approach?
Is it better to have a different site for each community?
I don't want to have to build all the topics repeatedly for each community and we want to quickly and easily ad  communities.

Regards