[drupal-support] How to upgrade (the modules)

NSK nsk3 at wikinerds.org
Wed Jun 8 08:31:02 UTC 2005

Hello

My site wikinerds.org is based on Drupal 4.5.2 and uses the modules Copyright,
Amazon Items, Excerpt, Feedback, Print-Friendly.

I was told the Print module works ok with 4.6, and I have developed a
4.6-compatible version of Amazon Items (available from
http://nsk.wikinerds.org/amazon_items/ if anyone needs it). The other modules
have released 4.6 versions.

I have read the docs but I am not sure about the correct upgrade sequence.

What I understand is that I will have first to upgrade to 4.6.0 and then to
4.6.1.

But I am not sure what to do with the modules: Should they be disabled before
the upgrade and re-enabled after I upgrade them to 4.6? How do we upgrade a
module? Is it sufficient just to copy the new files? What if the 4.6 module
version has different database schema than the 4.5 version?

I am going to first do all this on my home server, which uses MySQL 4.1.18
instead of my wikinerds.org server which is MySQL 3.23. Will there be any
problem if I just upload the MYD, MYI, frm files from home to wikinerds.org?

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org