[drupal-support] Article Content and taxonomies

Christopher Taylor christ at bnmc.com
Thu Jun 9 17:39:33 UTC 2005

Hi Andrew,

I see what you mean about volume  and issue.
The only reason we want this is because we are actually going to publish the
content in a printedmagazine once a week.  Each community will have a
specialized publication.

Do you think we'll be able to pull the data based on the date and time
instead?
Do you know if you can copy a taxonomy and all it's terms to a new taxonomy
with a new name?

Also,
I am still stuck on the problem of how to keep the content in the
"Community" catagory organized in a "magazine" order.
I think I can nail down this problem by using the taxonomy-browser as the
primary interface to the content.
Since I have over 60 terms, I figure we need maybe 3 or 4 primary
catagories.

My problem is that since I can not see what it looks like; I lost my eye
site when I was 2; I am not sure of the best way to organize the interface
for online viewing and also have the content in such a format that it is
easily exported for lay out and printing.

Before, I had all the content in one huge taxonomy which created like sixty
options in the drop down menu of the taxonomy-browser.
I decided to break it up in to a few taxonomies.  What I have come up with
so far is the following:
 The idea is to set it up like a newspaper.

Catagory: Community News, Information, & Blogs

Catagory: Local Business News, Information, and Blogs

Catagory: Local Real Estate News, Information, and Blogs

Catagory: Public Data and Records

Catagory: Community Guides and Directories

Catagory: Community Classifieds

Catagory: Choose Your Community

Catagory: Volume, Issue, and Date

Catagory: Consortium Services and Products

I originally had it all in three catagories:

Catagory: News, Information, Blogs

Catagory: Community:

Catagory: Issue:

Here is an example of what is under the "Primary

Content" catagory

Term:  Community News & Information

Under Terms:

 Citizen Blogs

Community Commentary

Community Events and Announcements

Crime Watch

Commics

Art Galary - Artists Corner and Displays

Public Poetry

Music and Musicians

Term: Business News and Information

under Terms:

 Local Business News

Sales and Marketing Roundtable

Management Tips and stories

Terms: Real Estate News & Information

Under Terms:

Real Estate Education

Mortgage Information

Property Insurance Information

Terms: News and Information from Community Public

records

Under Terms:

Real Estate Auctions

Trusty & Estate Auctions

Term: Community Services and Directories

Under:

Emergency, medical, and Government Resources

Community Restaurant guide

Community Yellow Pages - Business Directory

Community Activity and Entertainment Guide

Community Real Estate Listings and Sales Guide

Community Lodging and Rentals Directory

Term: Classifieds

Under Term:

Classifieds - General sales

Classifieds Businesses For Sale

Classifieds - Business for Lease

Classifieds - commercial real estate for sale

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards