[drupal-support] Article Content and taxonomies

Ken Dow Me at KenDow.Com
Wed Jun 8 12:57:16 UTC 2005

I agree that this is a much needed feature. I've used the node_weight
patch (http://drupal.org/node/5738)  successfully on a 4.4.2 system.

"It allows nodes to be ordered by an arbitrary admin-assigned weight,
allowing users to:

- change the order of static nodes (if there are several) on the
front page
- create "sticky" threads in the forums
- create a description/title node for your blog (a node that is
listed before the others)
- create a description/title node for a taxonomy listing (a node that
is listed before the others)

Node weight can be set both in the edit node form and in using admin-

On Jun 8, 2005, at 1:49 AM, Christopher Taylor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I mentioned before, we are working on publishing a magazine/
> ezine offering community, real estate, and business content.
> I created three taxonomies.
> 1. Content
> 2. Community
> 3. Volume, Issue, Date
> Under 1. Content
> I have the categories for the content.
> The problem is, when you view from the other two taxonomies,
> content is in first in last out order sorted by date.
> How can I change this so the content is sorted by the first taxonomy.
> In it's current display, the last two taxonomies are not helpful as
> the content is in no relevant order.  Only in order of date of
> submission.  But, above  each story/article/node, it shows the
> three taxonomies assigned,
> Example:
> 1. Primary Content, Business News
> 2. Washington, DC
> 3. Volume, Issue, Date
> Drupal platform helps launch exciting new Community Portal for
> business, real estate, and community services
>
> What can I do?
> Regards

Ken

AIM kendow at mac.com | MSN Me at KenDow.Com | 519-371-6433

Forgiveness is the fragrance from the violet beneath the heel which
has crushed it.
- Mark Twain