[drupal-support] Modules page is locked.

William Meertens nuke at meewi.be
Thu Jun 9 07:29:25 UTC 2005

Hi all,

As I'm still working on the new site, and implementing some of those great modules and more I encountered something with Drupal version 4.6.1.

When adding these modules (1 or all) :
          banner
          ecommerce
          flexinode
Then I can't get into the modules activation page. Regardless of the browser I'm using. Anyone knows how come, would be much appreciated. Because these are really good modules not to miss. At least I thing ;-) since I did not have the chance to test them :-(

On my earlier post I spoke about blank screens. These have for sure something to do with the server configuration of your hosting. As I started to test other CMS's as well, to see if they have it to, I have found others with the same problem. And since I switched hosting I'm pretty much sure that's a relation between the server configuration and one or two lines of code. Don't worry, even if everything turns out white, I'll stick to Drupal. Eventually with the help of some more experienced friendly people we kill this thing to make Drupal even better to run smoothly on everything.

Where to start when it's server related you should say. The modules that always deliver blank screens and make your complete site go white are :
          event
          taxonomy_image
Regardless of the browser I'm using. I would love to get my hands on those two for testing :-O
I have to be careful with :
          image
          img_assist
With the last two. If I change something, still don't know what, these two have the same problem. Only then on the browser family your are working with. So if you are using firefox, then all mozilla based browsers go blank.

In short.
Why, or what code locked the module page with the first three modules ?
Why, or what code conflicts with something to make the screen go blank within the last four modules ?

As I'm still new to Drupal, perhaps there is somebody who hacked into these modules or has had a more or less same problem.

Thanks in advance,
William.

--