[drupal-support] Modules page is locked.

Brian Puccio brian at brianpuccio.net
Thu Jun 9 11:30:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 08:52 +0200, William Meertens wrote:
> Hi all,

snip

> Why, or what code locked the module page with the first three modules ?
> Why, or what code conflicts with something to make the screen go blank within the last four modules ?

I had the same issue when I added a bunch of modules.  For me, PHP was
running out of memory.  You should be able to verify this by going to
the page again and then quickly checking your apache error log.  It will
probably say something like:

        Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes
        exhausted ........

I upped the amount of memory PHP is allowed to have by adding this
directive:

        ini_set("memory_limit","16");

Add that to your site configuration file (towards the bottom you will
see a bunch of other ini_set's) and you should be good to go.  If 16MB
isn't enough, you might need even more, but I doubt it.

As for the screen going blank, I'm betting that is because you turned
off the show errors on screen option, hence the blank page.  I know
that's what caused it for me.

Note: It is possible that your host doesn't allow you to increase the
memory PHP can use yourself.  You might have to correspond with their
support department.  And yes, making this change to the other CMS's you
were using should fix the issue there too.