[drupal-support] PHP ADMIN & MY SQL is making my hair gray

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Jun 18 08:13:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Christopher Taylor wrote:

Let me say that I am rather amazed by the fact that you manage to use
phpmyAdmin through a screenreader. I've been told that websites that use
frames would be hard to use with them.

Maybe the mysql command line (if available) would be easier to use.

> I am trying to import files into my sql database to create multiple
> sites. I have been fiddling and importing files since I last sent a
> post.
>
> When I pull in a file.

> It says the operation was successful.  My instructions have been
> inserted and how many.

Good.

> None of the tables show up though.

What do you mean by "show up"?
Was there a table definition in the file you uploaded?

> Also, when I log into PHP Admin, it gives me this general message:
>
> . Error
> The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click
> here.
>
> When I click on it.  All it says is:
> PMA Database ... not OK

Don't think this is important.

> I can not see the screen, is there a link to click on to save the
> import?  Maybe my speech is missing something.

phpmyadmin has a left pannel where it shows the databases and the tables
and a main pannel where most of the operations are carried out. The
newly created tables should be visible to the left. phpmyadmin als makes
use of Javascript I think. Maybe you need to manually reload the left
hand panel to see the newly created database tables.

Cheers,
	Gerhard