[drupal-support] Too many status messages in Drupal 4.6.1

Wayne Johnson wdtj at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 13:48:56 UTC 2005

THanks for the response.  Sorry for the lack of information, it was
getting too close to bed time...

The messages are the confirmation or failure messages from each
administration task completed.  Here's the current list:

The changes have been saved.
The changes have been saved.
The role has been added.
The role has been added.
The changes have been saved.

I'd include a screen shot but I can'tseem to get that to work over VNC...

This is a new Fedora Core 4 system, AMD 64 cpu, Software RAID 1 SATA
drives, and Postgres 8.  Stilling looking for more leading edge things to
cram in.

BTW, I have a patch for using Postgres UNIX sockets.  Suggestions for
what to do with it?

--- Bèr Kessels <berdrupal at tiscali.be> wrote:

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Op woensdag 22 juni 2005 05:35, schreef Wayne Johnson:
> > I'm just setting up a new Drupal 4.6.1 page and having an interesting
> > problem.  I'm getting a long list of status messages coming out on
> each
> > page.  All the status messages from the last several pages in fact.
>
> Could you copy an typical example into a reply to this list? We then
> might see
> what causes the problem.
> A list of extra modules you installed from the contributions or
> download pages
> is very usefull too, for us.
>
> > It's becoming anoying.
>
> Even worse: It is a bug :)
>
> > I tried searching the support forums, but didn't find much in all the
> > noise.  Guess I wasn't quite sure what to call the things.
>
> Good to hear you searched for an answer first. the fact too few people
> do this
> causes most of that noise you referred to. I did see some post recently
> about
> this, but could not find it anymore.
>
> Regards,
>  Bèr
> --
>  [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]

---
Wayne Johnson,             | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003             | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis