[drupal-support] help

Christopher Taylor christ at bnmc.com
Mon May 23 05:09:17 UTC 2005

Hello,
Hope everybody is doing well.

1. I had a question about a funny message that is shoing up on the front page.
No matter what we do, it won't go away.
It just says
"?q=node
N/A"

2. I did a rather round about install procedure because I am not familiar with sql and since I am blind, my screen reader doesn't work all that great in certain places.  My host provider has a script of 4.5.1 which they offer on the platform.  They didn't have 4.6 so I downloaded it and unpacked it in a new directory.  I did all the appropriate updates to the config.php file.
I did an install of 4.5.1.
Then, I ran update.php from 10-31-2004, the default.  It gave the severity error and so I ran the update again using the date of 01-07-2005.
It seemed to solve the problem with the exception of one message about an "invalid argument call"
Then I logged in and it gave me an error because I tried to create the first account.  Apparently, it already had admin in there as the first record.
Anyhow, it all cleared away and things were working fine until this strange node message.  This occurred when I tried submitting a test story.
I change the name in the system from my name to another ain the "Author name" and it gave some error about the user not exsisting when I hit "submit".  Somehow, it took the submit but the story disappeared.  That is when the node error came up.  It showed the story in the log but there was no trace of the content.

3. I tried to run a cron.php thinking it would fix something but it gave an error about a header a missing on line 66.

I guess the questions are
1. Do I have a possible unstable install?  How can I tell?
2. What is this strange ?q=node
n/a that popped up after the problem with the story submit?  How do I make it go away?
3. Why am I getting an error on line 66 when I run cron.php?

I am about to invest a lot of time in design and I still don't know exactly how to back up the database.
I have a lot of work to put in all the design and menus, etc.
I searched the archives but I couldn't find anything on the "node" problem.

Thank you for taking  the time to read this email.
Make it a great day.