[drupal-support] help

Carlos Rivero serverleader at gmail.com
Mon May 23 05:52:17 UTC 2005

read below ;)

On 5/23/05, Christopher Taylor <christ at bnmc.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Hope everybody is doing well.
hey Christopher ! I'm a new users to drupal.. and this is the 1st
email that I receive from this list since I just subscribe...

> 1. I had a question about a funny message that is shoing up on the front
> page.
> No matter what we do, it won't go away.
> It just says
> "?q=node
> N/A"
>
> 2. I did a rather round about install procedure because I am not familiar
> with sql and since I am blind,

That's cool that you see the world in a different form than us! and
use drupal!!..

> my screen reader doesn't work all that great
> in certain places.  My host provider has a script of 4.5.1 which they offer
> on the platform.  They didn't have 4.6 so I downloaded it and unpacked it in
> a new directory.  I did all the appropriate updates to the config.php file.
> I did an install of 4.5.1.
> Then, I ran update.php from 10-31-2004, the default.  It gave the severity
> error and so I ran the update again using the date of 01-07-2005.
> It seemed to solve the problem with the exception of one message about an
> "invalid argument call"
> Then I logged in and it gave me an error because I tried to create the first
> account.  Apparently, it already had admin in there as the first record.
yeah.. if you were updating is normal that your previous account was
there when trying to create another one with the same name.

> Anyhow, it all cleared away and things were working fine until this strange
> node message.  This occurred when I tried submitting a test story.
> I change the name in the system from my name to another ain the "Author
> name" and it gave some error about the user not exsisting when I hit
> "submit".  Somehow, it took the submit but the story disappeared.  That is
> when the node error came up.  It showed the story in the log but there was
> no trace of the content.
weird usually when putting a non valid user will not allow you to
post, unless you have anonymous posts enabled

> 3. I tried to run a cron.php thinking it would fix something but it gave an
> error about a header a missing on line 66.
I checked on the cron.php error... and is weird since there is no such
line on my 4.6.0 install

> I guess the questions are
> 1. Do I have a possible unstable install?  How can I tell?
looks to me that you do.
Well since stuff is not working right.
> 2. What is this strange ?q=node
> n/a that popped up after the problem with the story submit?  How do I make
> it go away?
no idea
> 3. Why am I getting an error on line 66 when I run cron.php?
weird I got 32 only on my cron.php

> I am about to invest a lot of time in design and I still don't know exactly
> how to back up the database.
I think that you should have backed up your database before doing any
kind of update.
the procedure to save your database to a file if you have shell access
to the server is:

mysqldump -u[USER] -p --add-drop-table [DATABASE] > [FILE.SQL]

and to recover it from that file:

mysql -u[USER] -p   [DATABASE]  <   [FILE.SQL]

just replace what is inside [] witu your database user name , your
database name and the name of the file that you store your data.

Also this can be done via a web interface to MYSQL called phpMyAdmin
by going to the Export link and selecting your database

> I have a lot of work to put in all the design and menus, etc.
> I searched the archives but I couldn't find anything on the "node" problem.
to me looks like you fucked up your installation some how... or at
least the database structure doing the wrong updates
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but I would do a fresh
install of 4.6.0

> Thank you for taking  the time to read this email.
np
> Make it a great day.
same

CarlosRivero.com