[drupal-support] help

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon May 23 08:41:42 UTC 2005

Chris,

> Thank you Kobus for actually logging in and taking a look at the site.  What
> a group!  This is what I call a global community.

You're welcome, Chris! You can call on me any time.

> The only area which is difficult to understand is layout and visual design
> concepts.  But, I guess that is to be expected to some extent considering I
> can't see the screen. lol

I will help you with customizing your layout as well, should you need help. You've got my mail address.

> The President of our organization is also blind.
> He asked me to help him develop this community portal.  He wanted it to do
> many things but the problem was we are starting with very limited funding.

Since I am already busy with such a project, I will help you guys free of charge, providing that whatever things I implement for you, I am free to use on my own project, as well as give back to Drupal. Let me know if you're interested.

> What I am struggling with, working by myself and with no staff around, is
> what it looks like.

If you need help with the layout, let me know. I can help you a bit with it.

I am member of http://themes.drupal.org where we are in the process of handling this issue. Feel free to take a look around that page for more information about themes and templates.

> Also, if anybody could give me suggestions once I have the text and
> navigation situated, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will help maintain your site for you, with regards to grammar and spelling, as well as styling of your text into paragraphs and so forth. Let me know when I can help.

> And there is the graphic design and presentation.
> This area is very challenging for somebody who is blind with existing tools.

Again, I'll help here if you wish.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will talk to Ber (Coordinator of http://themes.drupal.org) with regards to this, and solicit his ideas.

> You can provide practical ideas of how pages can be laid out with the blocks
> and menus.

Maybe we can work on this together, since I believe that people with normal sight usually don't think the same way blind people do with regards to layout. Again, I am available for this.

Regards,

Kobus