[drupal-support] Webform.module: How to edit dimensions of textarea?

Cheryl Chase cheryl at mathiasconsulting.com
Mon May 23 17:19:09 UTC 2005

On May 21, 2005, Pontus Ullgren <ullgren at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:01:41 +0200
> From: Pontus Ullgren <ullgren at users.sourceforge.net>
>

>> Also, this is a bug in webform upgrade. Previously (4.5.2), the width
>> and height of a textarea were set by having the value of database
>> field "extra" be, for instance, "80x40". Now it contains a structured
>> string, as follows:
>>
>> a:3:{s:11:"description";s:23:"Enter your message here";s:4:"cols";s:
>> 2:"80";s:4:"rows";s:2:"40";}
>>

> Not a bug, a feature.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. The new implementation has certainly
been improved to represent parameters as a structured string. But
during upgrade, my dimensions themselves were not upgraded, so that
my textareas had no dimensions, nor were the dimensions editable. I
rescued my existing forms by entering the required structured string
directly, to the mysql shell.

Cheryl