[support] any other way to import localisation files ?

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Thu Nov 10 00:10:02 UTC 2005

> I didn't quite understand your import and export bit.
> " Then once you get it, just export the 3 tables begining by locale_* and
> >import them at your ISP website."

Sorry if it wasn't so clear ;)

> i already have the .po files sitting on my desktop. Trouble is when i
> try to import hen  i get a time out.Sometimes a bit of the strings are
> imported .

So where did you try to import them ?
- Is it a server you have all rights on it ?
If so, try to change the memory limit for PHP.
You can for example add this line in setting.php (under drupal directory)
ini_set("memory_limit","16M"); (or more Mo)
And then try again, it should work

- If it's a web host server and you can't change parameters (sometimes, they
disable ini_set function in PHP so you can put them in scripts but they
won't have any warning and it won't work), here is the way to do this :
Make sure you can have full access to a developpment config
(Apache+PHP+MySQL), I use easyphp.org on windows, it's a one click install
for all these tools and also add phpMyAdmin which is great for managing
Mysql DB.
So, once you get it, be sure to increase the memory, install Drupal and
follow these steps.
- make the import of the .po files in your local server.
- go to phpMyAdmin (or make it trough command line, but it's a little more
complicated) and select the DB of Drupal.
- go to export tab
- select the 3 tables : locales_meta, locales_source and locales_target
- choose only the option datas and save as a file
- press Go
- it should download you a SQL file with the datas of these tables.
* if you don't have phpMyAdmin, try a way to export these 3 tables to a sql
file

Then, you have to make this import to the server of your ISP.
If he has phpMyAdmin, it's quite easy:
- open the DB where your drupal site is
- go to SQL (or import file) tab
- import your file or paste the queries form the SQL file
*if it doesn't manage phpMyadmin, there should have another way to access
your DB, ask your ISP.

Hop it was clearer, good luck

Nicolas