[support] any other way to import localisation files ?

Larry naasei at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:43:25 UTC 2005

Hi Nikolas
i tried " ini_set("memory_limit","16M");" and it didn't work
My site is on a  shared-server, but I have access to the shell
I am importing the .po file into the site from admin-localisation.

I have access to phpmyadmin. O am trying to import the Danish language

Are you suggesting I should just  copy  3 tables : locales_meta,
locales_source and locales_target and paste them in the query window
of my DB for drupal?

I still trying understand your export bit as I am trying to install
additional language so don't need to export  the .po file from  my
installation

larry

On 11/10/05, Nicolas Tostin <nicolast at logis.com.mx> wrote:
> > I didn't quite understand your import and export bit.
> > " Then once you get it, just export the 3 tables begining by locale_* and
> > >import them at your ISP website."
>
> Sorry if it wasn't so clear ;)
>
> > i already have the .po files sitting on my desktop. Trouble is when i
> > try to import hen  i get a time out.Sometimes a bit of the strings are
> > imported .
>
> So where did you try to import them ?
> - Is it a server you have all rights on it ?
> If so, try to change the memory limit for PHP.
> You can for example add this line in setting.php (under drupal directory)
> ini_set("memory_limit","16M"); (or more Mo)
> And then try again, it should work
>
> - If it's a web host server and you can't change parameters (sometimes, they
> disable ini_set function in PHP so you can put them in scripts but they
> won't have any warning and it won't work), here is the way to do this :
> Make sure you can have full access to a developpment config
> (Apache+PHP+MySQL), I use easyphp.org on windows, it's a one click install
> for all these tools and also add phpMyAdmin which is great for managing
> Mysql DB.
> So, once you get it, be sure to increase the memory, install Drupal and
> follow these steps.
> - make the import of the .po files in your local server.
> - go to phpMyAdmin (or make it trough command line, but it's a little more
> complicated) and select the DB of Drupal.
> - go to export tab
> - select the 3 tables : locales_meta, locales_source and locales_target
> - choose only the option datas and save as a file
> - press Go
> - it should download you a SQL file with the datas of these tables.
> * if you don't have phpMyAdmin, try a way to export these 3 tables to a sql
> file
>
> Then, you have to make this import to the server of your ISP.
> If he has phpMyAdmin, it's quite easy:
> - open the DB where your drupal site is
> - go to SQL (or import file) tab
> - import your file or paste the queries form the SQL file
> *if it doesn't manage phpMyadmin, there should have another way to access
> your DB, ask your ISP.
>
> Hop it was clearer, good luck
>
> Nicolas

London Networking EXPO™ -  "The Ultimate Business Networking
Experience™ in Europe!
Tel 08701994474