[support] any other way to import localisation files ?

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Thu Nov 10 00:56:04 UTC 2005

> Hi Nikolas
> i tried " ini_set("memory_limit","16M");" and it didn't work
> My site is on a  shared-server, but I have access to the shell
> I am importing the .po file into the site from admin-localisation.

If you have shell access can't you ask the admin to increase the
memory_limit of php (like 32M to be sure ;) ) ?

> I have access to phpmyadmin. O am trying to import the Danish language
>
> Are you suggesting I should just  copy  3 tables : locales_meta,
> locales_source and locales_target and paste them in the query window
> of my DB for drupal?

I suggest you to make an import on a server where you are sure it works
(that's why I told you to use easyphp on your own machine), and then export
the tables...

> I still trying understand your export bit as I am trying to install
> additional language so don't need to export  the .po file from  my
> installation

The export is to get the datas of your databases tables... Nothing to see
with .po files.
Importing the .po files will requires more ressources from your server than
importing an SQL file, that's why I describe my solution.
Read again my previous post, I don't know how can I be clearer :(

Good luck