[support] Blank Modules Page but Not Memory Related?

Ken Dow me at kendow.com
Mon Nov 14 17:38:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've run into a puzzling behaviour on two separate Drupal
installation hosted on virtual servers by the same company. One is a
4.4 installation hosting a single domain; the second is 4.6 and hosts
several domains. For some reason, both installations suddenly no
longer display their modules page, although the sites are functioning
normally in all other respects.

I went over http://drupal.org/node/31819 (My admin > modules page is
blank). On both sites:

- I checked the access and error logs and no memory errors were evident
- I tried Firefox, Safari on OS X and MSIE 6 on WinXP (same behaviour
on all)

On the 4.6 installation:

- I increased the memory limit from 8M to 12M via php.ini, .htaccess
and /sites/default/settings.php (no change). I went as high as 128M
using php.ini, still no difference.
- I deleted then restored each contributed module one at a time (no
change)
- I ran the Repair Table command via phpMyAdmin on all tables for all
sites on the 4.6 installation (no change)

The host company says nothing has changed recently at their end
(Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) PHP/4.3.10). I'm at a loss as
to where to look next - any pointers would be most welcome. TIA.

--
Ken

skype: thekenshow | 646-257-4194 | msn: me at kendow.com

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.