[support] Support?????

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Tue Nov 22 11:17:12 UTC 2005

> Is there anyone here who has ever had a problem with Drupal successfully
> solved through this list?
Yes, I have had problems solved both in this mailing list and on #drupal-support.

> It seems to me that every time anyone poses a problem here they are given a
> huge run around looking at everything EXCEPT the Drupal system itself.
Unfortunately, usually there is a puzzle. In most cases you need to have a more
coprehensive view on a problem in order to help people. Most people are unwilling
to answer with "oh, this is due to X", if there is a strong possibility
for Y,Z,A,B, .... That is simply wrong. If you manage to get more
comprehensive description of your problem, you'll get better mileage.

> Is it simply that the Drupal developers have begun to think they are perfect
> and infallible and their system cannot possibly have any bugs, despite the
> fact that oh so many of the modules have warnings regarding potential bugs,
> and patched up solutions?
Hmm, sense frustration here. No Drupal is not perfect, and will never
be. It develops fast, which means it has permanent growth aches.

Every single drupal support answer is a gesture of good will from the
person answering, regardless of their motives. Please, respect the
people who volunteer their time and skills.

Cheers,
Vlado